Sunday, December 16, 2007

Slight bump in the road

Well, the nor'easter that was supposed to slam the East Coast didn't disappoint. We woke up this morning to white-out conditions that pulled the plug on our planned OD classic ski. Not the best idea to go sliding around Cambridge in a 12 passenger van that lacks snow tires. No matter, we're on for tomorrow instead.

I, for one, am slightly relieved by this development. Having raced yesterday with slight congestion I found myself with a solid post-race hack later yesterday evening. I also had that great cold-air-racing-fried-throat feeling going on. Cut to 11:30 this morning and I'm feeling much better (after 11+ hours of sleep).

Topping things off this morning , Kikkan Randall won a World Cup in Russia. Definitely going to be watching that on WCSN later. I may even build a snow fort, if it's not raining too hard.

Keep the focus (scroll down for TT results),

-- O

No comments: