Friday, October 12, 2007

Thursdays are for Simona

Let me preface my blog post with a tidbit of sad news. I won't be ski racing this winter. I will remain a member of the team of course, however, I am going to assume my new position as 'Chief Blogger'. I'm just going to sit and blog everything that the ski team does. Eating, sleeping, breathing, blogging. I am going to record it, on the blog. This is so much more fun than actually skiing.

Thursday means one thing: Simonazeitfahren day. Why Thursday?

Well, to quote the most dramatic nordic blogger there ever was:

This is our chance.

Not in four years.

Not next month.

Not tomorrow.

But Thursday.


So there you have it. Day was great. Beautiful, crisp fall weather, the kind that just makes you want to sit in front of the computer playing World of Warcraft eating a bowl of warm apple crisp sprinkled with Cheezy Poofs.

TT was the best yet. 25 min warmup, stretched in front of some cows at the lower Gaesthaus, tried to get them to eat grass out of my hand while standing on one leg, while moo-ing. Thankfully I was wearing no Harvard gear. Legs felt good and fresh, ended up with a 38:32, besting the previous best of 40:30. Followed up with a 55 minute cool down, interrupted of course by a cow-break at the lower Gaesthaus, where I succeeded in luring about 13 cows over while stretching on one leg. Checkitty-check it.


Naturally I included a photo of the time trial. Of course, several people volunteered to take photos and naturally several members of the Norwegian sprint team chose to partake as well and of course I cut and dyed my hair blond to ensure a PR attempt.

Best of luck this weekend, those of you headed to the winter sports capital of the world. Don't let Delaney rough you up with his blatantly doped Ski Skett rocketboards.

No comments: