Monday, October 29, 2007

Bookends

Just like the last one, this post is barely about skiing. Tonight the Sox won their second World Series in four years. The first was fall of my freshman year and I cried tears of joy watching Keith Foulke embrace Doug Mientkiewicz after the final out against the Cards. This last one was not quite as sentimental, but just as sweet, garnering a fist pump and cry of joy when Papelbon fired off the third and final strike of the series. No better way to head into my final winter of racing than with Boston's most coveted victory fresh in my mind. If the Sox can beat dudes from Colorado, why can't I (no offense to T-Revs)?

Also, we skied today. It was sweet, but forgive me if the details are a touch hazy at the moment (I'm replaying Mike Lowell's solo homer in my mind).


Your author, reppin' his team on one of Young David's last nights in America.

No comments: