Saturday, June 18, 2011

CXC Elite Camp


Hey guys!

I just spent the last two weeks at the CXC Elite camp at Telemark Resort in Wisconsin. That's where the Birkie starts.

Telemark Lodge, Brian Gregg, and Igor's ever-present CXC van

I had a lot of fun meeting and training with the CXC elite team (these guys) and I got a ton of hours in. I was there as a guest along with a few other junior skiers from Colorado and Minnesota. Chris (City) also came for the first half of the camp as a guest coach.

By the end of the camp, Jessie Diggins had a nickname for me: "Harvard."

The focus of the camp was on technique and moderate-intensity hours, so we did a lot of video review and a few interval sessions in between OD rollerskis. Particularly valuable was the VO2 max test we did a few days into camp and the lactate tests that the coaches ran during interval workouts. I learned a lot about how to do a proper threshold workout!

They were all complaining about the food, but after two semesters of HUHDS, I honestly didn't see what the big deal was.

In about half an hour I'm leaving for the airport to fly to Alaska, where I'll spend pretty much the rest of the summer. I'll be sure to post some photos when I get there!

Chris

No comments: