Friday, June 22, 2007

ADK Style: the first of many LP updates

I'm sitting here on my bed in the spacious Lake Placid apartment I'm sharing all summer with the one and only Anna Schulz trying to figure out what to do with the day. Originally my plan was to go for a long (long) bike adventure. I had a route all laid out, my bottles were filled, my food and clothes laid out, everything was set. That is, until I woke up at 7:30 this morning to a steady rain out my window. I know what you're all saying: go train in the rain, you wuss. Well, I would, but the last place I want to be is stuck 30 miles from home in the rain with a flat and no cell service because the Adirondack Park is New York's Stone Age getaway. So the ride was scrapped and it was back to bed (gotta love days off), getting up at 9:30 to drive Schulzy to work and scarf some cereal and bacon.

So here I am, debating how to spend my time. I need a long-ish workout, but I'm not sure I want to be out rollerskiing when the sky as dark and forboding as it currently is. Schulzy (who just got home from work, having secured a day off. Turns out no one wants to go out to lunch on a golf course when the weather sucks) says I should do something that "looks sweet" so she can post pictures on the blog. I like this idea, because it appeals to my vanity. In the end I'll probably settle for a nice distance run in the pouring rain. Always a blast.

C-Nabes arrives in the LP tonight and adventures are sure to be close at hand. Updates will follow in due time.

-- Ollie

No comments: