Monday, January 21, 2008

Tuesday night world champs

Watch out for master blasters tomorrow night, team.

I was going to post a picture of this gnarly puncture wound in my leg and tell you that's what would happen if you got too close to the wildly swinging poles of certain "Men of Weston," but I don't have a camera or the ability to upload photos from my phone to the computer.

The story behind the puncture wound isn't even that sweet - no, I was not stabbed by an angry Glenn Randall as I stormed by him on the way to EISA glory. Instead I was trying to clean the snow out of my boots before my start on Friday and the timer told me I had 30 seconds to go and I got startled, lost my balance, and stabbed myself with my pole in the thigh. It was pretty spectacular. You had to be there.

Enjoy Cambridge - Dave and I are itching for some good team down time. See you in a few days.

-- O


P.S. - Everyone should watch Scott Macartney's crash from the Kitzbuehel alpine WC. It's crazy.

No comments: