Thursday, November 1, 2007

Insert Poetic, Sophisticated Title Here

  1. Hi.
  2. This post is not super about skiing and like stuff.
  3. However, I did just turn in an assignment which was a a film review, plot synopsis and critique of The Matrix I. This I now consider to be the low-point of my academic career.

I did hear that everyone on the ski team is switching to ESPP faster than most American homes are switching to Hi-Def. That tickles me inside, guys. Even Coaches Broomhall, Graves and City have refocused their research and made the leap. However, I believe Outwater is still bio-chem. Bio-chem.

Oh, I do have a ski related story for this post. Last night I went for a rollerski down to Völs. Yep, night. Headlamped it. I cruised out the bike path next to the Autobahn and then on the little roads in the town. It was great. All the little kids were trick or treating, I told them I was a cross country superhero. They laughed and told me that simply wasn't possible, as Magnus Grimeland is the only true cross country superhero. Anyway, some little punks at the busstop didn't take too kindly to me as I went by and started setting up the stick in front of the rollerblader trick, Big Daddy style for my return down the hill, but I just took apart my heart rate monitor strap on the way down and threw the small parts at their eyes to distract 'em.

So, yeah. That's the skiing quota for the post. Rollerskiing at night was actually a super bad idea, because my little 3-Led headlamp did next to nothing, I hit alot of sticks on the bike path and the return to Innsbruck on the bike path was very much like rollerskiing next to a major highway with high beams in your eyes.

Fast times. While blogging, I'm watching a you tube video called Freak Wave Yacht. The header is "
Watch This Freak Wave Slam into this Yacht." I'll consider this the worst two minutes and forty seconds I've spent on you tube.



Last point, I think that we should publish and sell this blog under the title: The Gravey Train with Biscuit Wheels, A Year of Living Dangerously. It'll be a direct competitor to Bill McKibben's book and we can get Dave Zabriskie to write the introduction.

That's it. Sorry to pollute the blog with this senseless banter. Since there's no photo evidence of my late night ski, except the cell phone video footage the punks at the bus stop took of me, I'll post a picture of a race car that I saw in S
ölden. Bloggers love race cars.


Over and out.

dave

1 comment:

Andrew Moore said...

Dave, I am appreciating the blog posts. This whole blog thing a very good decision when we're scattered around as a team.